Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 03:29 PM

fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold

fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grug556 View Post
Hey guys ive got the RCI skid plates, full set. Anyhow I have read on the transfer case plate that you can have contact with exhaust pipe near where it S bends behind the transfer case area. This pipe is very close to coming in contact with the skid plate, even when plate is pushed down as far is it will go (which also makes another problem listed below), I read a few people online wrapped the pipe in exhaust pipe wrap. I did the same. Now the pipe lightly touches skid plate due to thickness of heat wrap. What do you think? Plates are aluminum and coated. you see any issues with mild contact of pipe and plate if the pipe is wrapped?

Lastly the transfer case support cross bar, that secures the plate to, even in its farthest down location leaves the end side of the plate with outside gaps of roughly 1/4 inch. To clarify I am talking the end pieces of this transfer case brace. Each side is held into the frame with 1 M8 bolt. Its slotted so you raise and lower the bar. The lowest position offers the maximum amount of clearance for the exhaust pipe over the transfer case skid plate as listed above. Anyhow when its depressed like this, the end side pieces have a 90 degree wrap around the bottom of them which goes out around the bottom on the frame rail by about 1 inch on each side. Its between this piece under the frame rail where there is now roughly a 1/4 inch gap on each side. I was wondering, should I try and fill this gap with some bar stock or similar? Reason being if the crossbar took a hard hit, it would like move upwards on the M8 slots. I thought it I put in spacers underneath it would eliminate any possible upward push of the bar? Any ideas on this? Choice was mild steel flat bar or possibly aluminum flat bar. I was planning on drilling a hole on each side and securing bottom section of crossbar with spacer and then drilling and tapping and securing whole piece to the frame with a M10 or 8.

What do you guys think ? Anybody else have fitment issues with RCI skids? Their designs now in place seem abit weak. Thanks for any help

I have the RCI skid plates. The install instructions specifically says:

"Many vehicles require spacing the skid plate down to clear the exhaust cross-over. Install the supplied 3/8" thick U-shaped blocks, sandwiched between the skid plate and the frame tubes prior to tightening."

Did you get the 3/8" thick u-shaped blocks? If not, contact RCI for them.
fkheath is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote