View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 10:28 AM

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblah View Post
u bolt in the pic.

I used just a big ass stainless steel hose clamp to do the same thing.
So U bolt on the hanger then and constrict the rubber to force pipe upwards? The pipe I have is slightly flat on the bottom end. Other than U bolts the other plan I came up with was to put spacer U shims on the bottom mounting section where the carraige bolts secure it to the crossbar. I thought it I spaced it off maybe 3-4mm that may be enough clearance. I found shim spacers at McMasterCarr that look like they would work. Maybe I should do a combo of U bolt hanger/hose clamp fix along with some spacers to double the lift

As for using the jack to press up the end caps, yes I thought of that, problem was when I did that sure it secured the end caps to the frame rails with no gap, but it also ended up making zero clearance for exhaust pipe and actually pushed it up a tiny bit to further reducing clearance

The word **** should not be 4 letters... its to short to describe the feelings I have when shit gets missaligned like this.. plus its getting cold in the garage again.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the help. Ill go get some more shit and see if I can fine tune this a tiny bit more

Did you guys all run exhaust wrap to insulate against noise, contact and vibration? Or you just bare pipe with a small lift as per above? Thanks

edit to add, yes my crossbraces are OEM. yes they have the square flattened end sections, abit rusty but otherwise looks good. I cleaned them up abit. ONly issue on the passenger side after the M8s snapped off, we re tapped and went with stake nuts in the frame and I switched out from m8x1.25x30 to m8x1.25x 60 (65 was abit to long).

Lastly did you guys just use anti seize, im using nickel as usual, but read abit last night of some saying some RCI stuff vibrated off during driving making a huge mess, they said lack of blue locktite did the mess. You guys use that instead of anti seize on these things?

Last edited by Grug556; 11-29-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Grug556 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote