Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 10:52 AM

jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough

jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough jross20 is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=sleepydad;3772326]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross20 View Post

I can feel it... if somebody had a DIY rent my alignment rack for 1 hour I would be all over that. in fact I would even pay more than they charge when they do the work.

the toe-in should provide that "return to center" I have found the difference between .5mm of toe in per side vs 1mm of toe is crazy different. .5mm of toe per side seems normal, where 1mm of toe per side is like track car steering pulls hard back to center.

one thing I found was your really had to put a ton of pressure on things to get the free play, think about the amount of force in the steering system in general.

I don't know how many technical ugga dugga's of force the rack soaks up but it's got to be substantial.

all that rambling... maybe try a bit of excess toe in?
Well I do have a problem with the alignment being a little weird sometimes. Maybe that's not quite the right word but I don't know how else to describe it. So like the last time I had it done the steer ahead was positive 0.06°. the left toe was 2 in the right toe was 0.09

You know what, instead of typing that all out let me just post this picture. Basically after I had this last alignment done where they fixed everything I had an immediate improvement in gas mileage. From 17.5 ish to 19.25 ish. That lasted for several solid weeks. But now suddenly it's gone back down which makes me wonder if the alignment is out of whack again. And really I'm only thinking that because having the alignment done made such a massive immediate improvement.

The guy did suggest at some point looking at getting adjustable rear arms so that they could get everything perfect. Would that be worth doing?
jross20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote