Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 07:03 PM

popsmckracken is on a distinguished road

popsmckracken is on a distinguished road
Rear Dif Identification, new unit, Barnes cover welded

I live way up Carova Beach on the OBX, also known as the "4WD Area" of Currituck County with no roads, signs, mail delivery or lights. It's pretty rough on the ride with all the salt and sand dunes and rough terrain. It's 15 miles up the beach to get home. Blew out my rear end after the dreaded pinhole leak ran her dry on my 2000. I had a hell of a time identifying the gear ratio as there are several for that year. I called several dealerships with the VIN and noone could give me a straight answer. I finally remembered a guy at Bennet Toyota back in PA who always went the extra mile for me back in the day and he was still there. Sure enough he looked up the "sales code" associated with my VIN and figured that it was a 4.10. So if you have the same problem ask for the sales code. So, I picked up a clean unit from ebay for 475.00, cut off the old cover and welded a new Barnes heavy duty cover on and I'm back in action.
Attached Images
Rear Dif Identification, new unit, Barnes cover welded-20221129_172159[1]-jpg 
96 4 runner 3.4L SR5, Borla Touring catback, Rough Country 3 " Suspension (new kit), Powerstop Extreme Towing brake kit, B&M super cooler and Koyo radiators in series, 31" Michelin LTX A-2 tires, Barnes 4x4 heavy duty rear Differential cover. Taco tie rods and upper and lower ball joints
popsmckracken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote