Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 06:39 PM

ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about

ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXJeremy View Post
Quick update, not sure whether the shop I went to did something that made the ECU relearn the TPMS, but the light is out and has been out since yesterday afternoon and I've driven several times. I know problems like this don't normally self-correct, so I'll keep an eye on it and if the light pops again I'll have it checked out. Thanks.
The ECU learns only when you upload new sensor IDs. Most likely your sensor is just getting jostled into working again. It may have some corrosion somewhere that's impacting it.

I drove 8 months with mine just flashing, eating away at me until I couldn't stand it anymore and bought new ones. Denso sensors are really good. Mine were original 2003, came with the car, and only one went out last December.

I thought about putting some tape over the flasher until I learned that the other four can still trigger the static light, indicating a low tire. In my previous reply I show how you can just lower tire pressure to find the problem sensor. If it's a steady indicator then it's one of the tires that has a working sensor.

A couple of nice things about owning that tool. I can check tire pressure and tire temperature with it. I press a button and it takes a few seconds to get a readout. It also shows the batteries' condition so when it comes time to buy new tires I can have them put in new sensors before I have a problem, like last time.

Keep monitoring. You have the knowledge now on what you can do and know that there's no rush to do anything.
ArthurKotb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote