Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 01:10 AM

Gulah is on a distinguished road

Gulah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.T4R View Post
Its hard to describe the sound and the video doesn't pick it up that well its more of a whirring / humming noise that almost sounds like excessive tire noise or a wheel bearing. I also thought wheel bearing at first but didn't notice any slop when I checked for play after jacking up all four tires, though I might check this again once its warmed up and the noise occurs. I'm currently leaning towards it being a ujoint or wheel bearing, though it doesn't quite sound like either of those. Really wish I could think of a better way to describe the sound / pick it up in video better...
It kind of sounds like a mystery noise I chased down on our AWD Sienna. I had replaced a bunch of front end components including wheel bearings and the noise only began after it was warmed up and sometimes slightly affected by turning. I re-replaced that wheel bearing, but the intermittent sound returned and I eventually traced it to the heat shield behind the brake rotor. Very slight interference only when hot and a small hand tweak permanently resolved it. Just thought I'd mention it since you have some thoughts to that region and would be the easiest/cheapest to resolve. Perhaps some slight intermittent rubbing at the end of a CV shaft in the spindle? Have you pried on your LCAs, maybe some bunk aftermarket poly bushings?

If not something weird like that, I follow the "it must be drivetrain" logic. Good luck.
Gulah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote