Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 08:04 PM

joshik will become famous soon enough

joshik will become famous soon enough
12v Wiring Sanity Check

I have a small switch panel that feeds relays to a few offroad lights. I have a master arm switch (switch 2 in drawing) in which feeds 12v (when on) to the other switches to power the relays.

I wanted to wire in a bypass in which my high beams bypasses (switch 1 in the drawing) the master arm switch and feeds 12v to switch panel. That way, I can run my offroad lights and turn them on/off with my highbeams.

I was thinking to put a relay between high beam (+) and switch panel so that when I engage the master arm switch it doesnt turn on my high beams.

Just wanted to get a sanity check to see if my logic is sound. Everything will be fused of course.

Some scenarios I was thinking of were these:

1. master arm is off. High beam is on so it engages the relay and provides 12v to other switches.
2. master arm is on. High beam is off. Master arm feeds 12v to switches but does not go back towards the high beams bc the relay is "off"
3. master arm on, high beam on, 12v coming from both sources but that should be ok since its from the same 12v source...?
please exclude the crude mspaint drawing :P

91 Ext Cab 4x4 Yota, black with 4" front IFS trailmaster lift, 3" Downey rear springs, Downey Rubicon extended shackles, and 2" body lift. 35" BFG M/T w/ 4.56. Centerforce II clutch, Rancho 5000s all around and Rancho traction bar, K&N Air filter, Flowmaster, ARB Rear Diff Air Locker, Custom "Mad Eyes" light covers, Extended Diff Breathers, Hella Vision Plus Headlights. [SOLD]

Last edited by joshik; 12-07-2022 at 08:07 PM.
joshik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote