View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 10:28 PM

LiquidFlame is on a distinguished road

LiquidFlame is on a distinguished road
So..... I did something stupid.

The morning I was supposed to bring it in to the dealer I went to start it up. Turned the key and all hell broke loose. Turned the key off, heard dripping fluid.

Turned it off, kicked my drain pan underneath and went to look. Turns out I left my breaker bar on the crank bolt and it spun around.... A few things happened:
- My fan absolutely exploded into 100 pieces.
- Fan shrapnel hit the radiator and poked some holes in the bottom, which was the dripping I heard.
- It threw my breaker bar but did not bend/break it or the socket.
- It spun out my crank bolt. Pulley remained seated and bolt is unharmed.

So yeah. That was exciting. Honestly it was only $250 for a new koyo radiator and a fan and everything else was fine. Got pretty lucky I'd say.

Received everything last week and she runs again. Dealer appointment is Wednesday. Will report back with their findings.