View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 01:58 PM

tpete is on a distinguished road

tpete is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy556 View Post
How's the reservoir fluid level? It'll do that if you have a hole in a brake line, but not for very long until the fluid is gone. Pretty common in the rust belt.

These brake boosters have been known to fail, unfortunately they are pricy, but $5k seems like an awful high price. MSRP on the MC is $1500 (you can order it from Toyota dealers online for $1200), and it's a 3 hour book job. Seems like it should be more like $2k.
There doesn't appear to be any noticeable leaks anywhere. Fluid levels are good, and I sprayed soapy water on the booster pump and didn't see any air leaks. I'm going to take it somewhere else to get a second opinion. The funny part is that it's been about a year and my breaks are fine, but I think it's time to stop tempting fate and get it resolved.
tpete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote