Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 12:58 PM

Toffees will become famous soon enough Toffees will become famous soon enough

Toffees will become famous soon enough Toffees will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo's TE View Post
Hi everyone I have 2015 TE, with 150,000 miles on it. I put magnusson SC on it 6 months ago circa 130K miles on the clock. Tires are yoko's geolanders 285/70-17. I also have a mild lift 2.25 on the front and 1.5 in the back. Otherwise, car is stock with no added wait such as steel bumpers. I had lift and tires since day 1 with 11k miles on the truck. Consumption increased a bit but not that much I would say I was consuming 11 to 13 L/100Km with mixed city and highway.

After installing the charger fuel consumption was normal, I could easily get 500Km on a fill up with 1/4 left in the tank. Recently I noticed that I cant reach 400Km per tank, and Have to fill up every other day. Computer is showing 17.5L/100km I think its around 20L/100km which is crazy high. No further mods on the vehicle so nothing changed. I have no lights on the dash and truck is running fine, no issues at all except for the fuel consumption.

Reached out to magnusson who confirmed that I have the latest tune and to go back to stock wheels and tires.

I'm looking for advise here as to what could causing such a high consumption blocked cats? Spark plugs? Air filter, MAF? I know the tires are heavy but its the same before and after the SC. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Calculate your fuel consumption by hand (or get an app like Fuelly to do it for you.) Pay attention to your circumstances--any change in DD habits, are you driving more aggressively than before, dirty intake air filter? Take good notes and see what you can observe.

Most fuel consumption issues are driver related--when my wife complains about her fuel consumption, it's usually waiting to pick up kids at school with the AC running; when she's actually driving she gets good mileage.
Toffees is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote