Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 07:07 PM

Zero0575 will become famous soon enough Zero0575 will become famous soon enough

Zero0575 will become famous soon enough Zero0575 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy88fj62 View Post
Without seeing the spindle used and some other design considerations, no one will be able to safely answer your question. You need to ask the manufacturer what the total load is allowed on the swing out.

That being said, even the most venerable bumper manufacturers can have failures due to abuse from the user. I've seen footage of SLEE bumper losing the entire swingout on the Mojave Trail. I keep a cable bolted to my tire on the swingout to the frame. That way if it fails on the freeway it won't go flying and kill someone.

I confirmed with TNF that the carrier can handle the added weight of the jerry can in addition to the spare tire it will be holding - a combined ~130lb. What I'm really looking for is something that is meant to mount jerry cans to molle. I've seen molle mounts for rotopax but can't seem to find something meant for a standard jerry can.
2007 Limited V8 | 275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Spidertrax | 4xInnovations Weld On Sliders | Victory 4x4 Blitz Front Bumper | RCI Skids | TNF Rear Bumper | Smittybuilt Winch | KOYORAD Aluminum Radiator |OME 886 Front/Toytec Superflex HD Rear and OME Shocks/Struts | JBA High Caster UCA | Rebuilt LCA with Superpro bushings + Moog BJ | HCF Delete | Doug Thorley Shorty Headers | Magnaflow HFC | Gibson Catback | Rear Diff Breather Extension | 20" Spot/Flood | 9" Spots | DD SS3 Yellow Fogs | Amber Grill Lights | Fog Lights Anytime Mod
Zero0575 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote