Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 11:21 AM

useport80 is on a distinguished road

useport80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky 07 View Post
Did they do a flush or an exchange? They're different.

I'm a fan of a full exchange over a drain and fill. I'd never do a pressured flush at 100K+ miles. There are numerous threads on how to do the full exchange using the cooling lines. The advantage is in the result - the transmission is filled with new fluid but doesn't get debris breaking free as a pressured flush might do.

You didn't mention what fluid is in the truck. Did you buy your 4R new? If so, you should have Toyota WS fluid; if not, who knows what may be in there and maybe that's part or all of the problem. And what did they put in when they did the flush or whatever it was?

You will find many, many opinions on sticking with WS (I say yes) vs. using an aftermarket option like Maxlife that claims their fluid is compatible with lots of vehicles. WS isn't that much more expensive if you can buy it online from Toyota and either pick up at a dealer or take advantage of free shipping. My rationale is that I know WS works and I'm not willing to gamble my transmission on whether the other stuff does.
it's an 08 urban runner, that i bought brand new. i have about 155-160k miles right now. i should have the stock toyota fluid.

to my knowledge, it's a full flush. i specifically asked and wanted to make sure it was a full flush and they agreed on a full flush also.

i'll run out to my car to take a look at the service order to see exactly what was done and what fluid was used. i just can't seem to remember right now.
useport80 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote