Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 01:02 PM

thewanderlustking is on a distinguished road

thewanderlustking is on a distinguished road
I have found two pictures (finally) that show it coming out near the oil dipstick. I have a feeling the tube coming out of the transmission pan is bent to the wrong spot... If you are looking forward from underneath, it is routed to the RIGHT side of the driver's side exhaust downpipe. I can't see any routing that lets the two tubes meet here and end with the trans dip near the oil.

Closer inspection of the trans pan tube though and it looks like the tube is bent, potentially to the wrong side of the exhaust. It is pretty close fitting to the block. And there is a mounting hole on the block that matches up closely to the lower mounting hole on the upper tube. Hence my thought that is where it goes... But if that tube is supposed to be on the other side, that "mounting hole" would have to be for a bracket or something else.

I still have a handful of brackets in the trunk that I haven't sorted out. While I think I have an idea of where it might be going, I still am missing the whole picture.

I hate trying to put something back together that I didn't take apart. Oh well, if it goes beck together and runs, it will have been well worth the struggle!
thewanderlustking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote