Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 04:43 PM

The_kiddos_trd is on a distinguished road

The_kiddos_trd is on a distinguished road
Did you have pictures of what tubes you damaged by any chance?

I have the same issue after installing the second battery tray, but I removed it and can’t figure out where I may have damaged the hose/tube. Did anyone take pictures of it that they could share? Thanks for the input

QUOTE=TodiN;3575301]After some research, I found out that Maryland's emission system warranty is covered by 2 warranties: performance and design and defect ( https://mde.maryland.gov/programs/Ai...anties2008.pdf ). There are several states covered by design and defect beyond the factory warranty so I suggest checking with your state and push back to the dealer if it is a defect (covered by 8 years or 80 000 miles).

I need to mention that I do have an on-board air compressor installed on C4Fab second battery tray (on the passenger side) very close to the passenger side secondary air valve. In my case, last week I discovered that the small plastic neck piece from the top of the valve was broken. Probably this happened while offroading, and due to air compressor move, this fragile plastic broke off.

I removed the air compressor, glued the tube neck and reattached the tube that triggers the pressure switch to open the air valve (this acts similar with an electric relay but based on air pressure).

The codes have not re-appeared since then. I did not have time to check if the permanent codes are erased - I will wait another week to check since I did not drive too much lately.

The way I discovered this, I tried to troubleshoot the issue to see if the air is blocked from the air pump to the air valves: I checked that the air pump works then I moved to the air distribution tubes to the air valves and then I moved to the air "relay" pressure.

I suggest inspecting small tubes first to see if they are clear or blocked. If they are blocked, the air valves will not open and will trigger these 3 codes. Be very careful removing the pressure tubes as the plastic tube is fragile; use a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen up the small tube. At the bottom, the tube is connected to a metalic neck so is safe.

My concern is that even thought only the passenger air valve side was at fault, I had also the air pump and driver side codes triggered... [/QUOTE]
The_kiddos_trd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote