View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 02:00 AM

Gone4Wheeling is on a distinguished road

Gone4Wheeling is on a distinguished road
2022 Limited Wheel and Tire Change for Off-Road

I bought 5 Toyota 17" x 7.5" rims with 15mm offset to install a set of all terrain tires to use when traveling to go offroad, mostly in Colorado. All other times I will keep the stock 20" set on the vehicle. I'm partial to BFG All Terrain tires since I've gone through 3 sets on my 1996 Ford Bronco with no complaints whatsoever.

While most people are trying to install the largest size tire they can, I'm considering keeping the BFG KO2 near the original 20" tires diameter and width. In fact I am leaning towards the 235/80-17's which are 31.8" diameter vs 31.9 of the 20" wheels and width of only 9" vs 9.6" of the 20" wheels. These are load range E tires also. The other options are 245/75-17's (31.5" x 10" load rang E) or 255/75-17's (32.1" x 10" load range C1).

Leaning toward the narrower tire which should help slightly on gas milage and in rocky terrain should be better. I know the load range E tires will be harsher, but when traveling, I pull a small travel trailer which impacts ride quality anyway and having the tougher tires when offroad is likely worth it.

Any thought/comments or recommendations?
Gone4Wheeling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote