View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 09:59 PM

Gone4Wheeling is on a distinguished road

Gone4Wheeling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkheath View Post
I have a 4Runner SR5 which I outfitted with BFG KO2 tires, original size, load range E.

First, load range E is important for off roading in Colorado because the rocks have sharp edges on them (granite) unlike the rounded rocks, say, in Moab (sandstone). Thus the Load range E will not get chewed up as much as lesser road range tires.

Second, I have not notice these KO2 road range E tires ride rougher than the OEM tires that came on my 4Runner. The KO2 tires actually have a bit wider tread than the OEM tires, even though they are the same size.

I have been very happy with my KO2 tires.

If you do much difficult off roading, I would suggest a good skid plate package (I have the RCI skids), and possibly a modest lift (I have 3" front, 1" rear "leveling" kit).
When I took my stock Limited with the 20" wheels offroad last year in Colorado, I was mostly concerned with tire damage. Since I did not have off road tires or aftermarket skid protection, I was very careful and did not have any problems although there were some scuff marks on the tire sidewalls.

I have a full set of skid plates now (just need to install them) and a lift may be in the future.
Gone4Wheeling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote