Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 10:28 PM

Gone4Wheeling is on a distinguished road

Gone4Wheeling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_4x4Runner View Post
I had KO2 275/70/17 load range E on my Limited and switched back and forth with the 20's until they wore out or aged out. The load range E tires road to rough and the heavy weight had a noticeable power lose. I now use KO2 265/70/17 load range c and I am perfectly happy with this setup. Power is back, rides smoother and plenty strong for the fire roads and easier trails in the desert. Even though I still have all sets of wheels and tires in the garage I will never go back to switching tires back and forth, too much hassle. Just put on the tires you want and be done with it.
I really like the performance of my 2022 LE with the 20" wheels - gas mileage is somewhat better than advertised and pulling my small travel trailer in the mountains is good so I am hesitant about increasing the tire overall diameter. I understand the tire weight will also play a role in the ride and gas milage too. If I want more ground clearance, I'll go for a lift and not larger tires.

I plan on ditching the 20" wheels after wearing out the original tires which should not take too long since they are rated at 280 on treadwear rating. Will only do the switching until the 20" tires are gone.

Are you running the 265/70 on rims with 15mm offset, any lift and do you have any rubbing? I Think the 265's being a more available size may be the better choice even though they are wider.
Gone4Wheeling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote