Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 10:00 PM

rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough

rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough rjtakesphotos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblah View Post
This pin will work if you still interested in the safety pin. I just sheared mine off and had to replace mine....just fyi.

Amazon.com: EMS Offroad Tire Carrier Pin Long : Automotive

You slide pin through bottom hole on main bumper from the bottom, and into the swing arm hole, and out the top...and put knob on. You do not have to remove the swingarm like all the internet videos tell you to.

Only thing is, the top knob doesnt clear the head of the 1 inch bolt. what you have to do, is hammer the bolt out just enough for where the knob clears the head of the 1 inch bolt, and viola...done.

I actually bought another knob head (that is circular) so i dont have to "move" the 1 inch bolt to do future maintenance on the pin.

I did have to remove all the accessories off the swing arm to relieve tension on the bolt, but thats about it. It took me 30 min to install the pin.

good luck if u do decide to go this route..

cheers.
Awesome, thanks for the idea! I haven't really noticed the lack of the pin bothering me lately so I kind of just left it alone. I'll add it to the list of things to do eventually when I run out of other projects haha!
rjtakesphotos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote