Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Sticky brakes
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 02:54 PM

baby#yota is on a distinguished road

baby#yota is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Update:

Alright guys I just finished up replacing my calipers. The old one got so bad my whole truck was shaking even if I wasn’t in the brakes, completely warped and overheated. I went with 5th gen calipers, brackets and pads. I used new 4th gen rotors and had zero issues installing everything. I did some testing to see if the issue was in fact the calipers or lines, it ended to being just the calipers. For good measure I replaced the flex lines while I was in there but that may have been overkill. I have 17” rims and the new larger rear calipers fit perfectly. If anyone is interested check out the article I linked earlier or I can make a post with part numbers. Hopefully this is the last time I have to mess with there brakes!

I will update if this issue returns but from what I can see here on the forum the 5th gen upgrade is the only way to fix this permanently. I will upgrade the fronts eventually when they start seizing….hopefully not for awhile.
baby#yota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote