Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 10:46 PM

4runherpow is on a distinguished road

4runherpow is on a distinguished road
Thanks @aemravan
Really good info. Interesting on the “dial in” part.

So I did the spark plug Fowler fix today. Had to pay a machine shop $20x2 holes so I could get the o2 sensor to fit and open up the bottom hole for a little more flow. $40 bucks took him 5 mins lol. Oh well. All good.

So the light stayed off all day. Good sign but not out of the woods - as you mentioned.

Interesting observation though:

So the truck seems like there is ever so slightly less torque at the bottom range, but the power band feels a little smoother. I definitely have to press on the accelerator a bit more to get the torque.

At first I thought it was the computer resetting since I disconnected the battery, but it’s stayed that way all day. It’s slight but definitely quieter and little less low end torque, maybe like 5-10 ft lbs. total guess.

Any comments on why this would be. Also, is it bad to have one bank with this workaround and not the other bank of cylinders? This may seem dumb, but is there a downside to this fix like I could run too lean or rich and damage the engine?

I need this girl to last!! I do plan on doing the manifolds this summer just need to find someone that won’t crush me $$$
4runherpow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote