Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 11:06 PM

stiles_s will become famous soon enough stiles_s will become famous soon enough

stiles_s will become famous soon enough stiles_s will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee2 View Post
So if chains on the front are not recommended due to clearance and safety concerns, but you want maximum traction for turning/braking, what do you folks think about using snow socks on the front (in conjunction with chains in the rear)? TIA
As others have noted, the manual is pretty clear about not using chains in front.

I think what you're asking is whether socks would a) be an improvement over a general LT tire and b) whether socks are safe to run on front?

If you're able, I'd highly recommend the other path which is a set of dedicated snow tires for the winter. I have driven through some nasty, nasty stuff with dedicated snows on 4r, Gx, Audis and the traction is incredible.

Chains do ultimately increase grip in an emergency situation, but there are major downsides including being rear axle only (recommended).
stiles_s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote