Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 10:18 AM

zguy1 has a spectacular aura about zguy1 has a spectacular aura about

zguy1 has a spectacular aura about zguy1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimlithepirate View Post
Before you take it to the dealer, check every one of those f*&#in quickconnect hoses on top of the tank. The bigger one I could have sworn was connected. Got the error, and sure enough it popped off in my hand with no tool or froce.

Each of those hoses has an o ring that goes around the point its connected to. They tend to not be in great shape, so I'd get a set of O-rings from your local hardware store and replace them. When they are old, they get loose, and then when you go to seat the hose they end up out off the track, which keeps it from sealing.

Try checking those hoses, and see where you are at.
Thanks. I truly believe I was very careful with any fitting with the exception of trying to remove the big fuel tank vent hose on both the fuel tank and canister itself. I was really squeezing and pulling on those things. In hindsight, I didn't realize how difficult it would be, at least for me, to remove the fuel tank vent hose. It looks like the most folks are using pick tools on this connection as opposed to simply squeezing with your fingers which is near impossible to do.

Is there an o-ring in the big vent hose or just on the fuel tank breather (blue connector)?

I am not considering the two main fuel lines as those carry fuel and not air or vapor. I assume my issue has to be with either the fuel tank breather line that I disconnected at the blue lock claw (in pic below), the big fuel tank vent hose, fuel tank filler hose, or the two plastic male pieces on either the gas tank or canister which the big vent hose connects to.

zguy1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote