Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 03:24 PM
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFunRunner View Post
Perhaps for the same reason they sold the FJ Cruiser alongside the 4Runner.
At least in that case you could make a value proposition that the FJ Cruiser was a shorter wheelbase and IIRC it was about $5k cheaper (roughly 20% less). So there was some separation in the two. - But also the FJ Cruiser didn't sell very well because it kinda sucked due to the styling making visibility terrible and the door config wasn't very good. So I'm not sure if it's an example of a success or one of a failure that should have been a good lesson to Toyota. Much like the LC200 only being offered in a top trim version was a market failure. They shouldn't try the LC200 route again. It didn't work then, it won't work now.

I think Toyota should just choose one SUV to be in the 110-115" wheelbase with 5/7 seat options as offroad ready family SUV. Small - medium - large works. Family wagon - HD work truck - light duty utility works. I don't think boxy off-road 4 door midsize wagon and slightly more boxy off-road 4 door midsize wagon works.

I do think on the Lexus side a boxy offroad midsize SUV wagon fits. The LX600 is not very offroad oriented anymore. It has less ground clearance in the std models than the RX350. I'm not sure it would perform meaningfully better on the trails if you add the caveat that it's a lease like 95% of them are and you don't want to rip the bumper covers off. On that side of the house the new model probably work well and have significant separation.

We'll see pretty soon what comes out. I really do hope it's something amazing and I'm first in line to buy one. Can't wait to see what it is.
Jetboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote