Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 06:05 PM

JustTroItIn is on a distinguished road

JustTroItIn is on a distinguished road
I can relate with the machine bug. Current runners in the stable are 1971 BMW R60/5 motorcycle, 1980 Dnepr Soviet Era sidecar rig, 2005 GasGas EC250 dirt bike, 2000 Honda XR100 (such a fun little bike), 2016 Polaris RZR Trail Fox Edition, 1999 Ford E350 SuperDuty extended passenger van (only 40k miles tow rig & tent while I'm camping), 2005 BMW 325xi (my old daily and currently my daughters daily), and 2 3rd gen 4runners.....and those are only the running machines. Pending non-running projects are 1968 Yamaha YCS 180, 1990 Ducati 900SS CR, 1993 Husqvarna 350, and a Polaris Trailblazer 250.

Yes, I have a problem and I love it.

Being from Detroit, Toyota was a dirty word for a long time. It took a lot of wrenching and hearing how great Toyotas are before I finally gave them a try. A few years ago my wife needed a new daily and I selfishly wanted something I could use to tow my boat. I picked up the 2000 SR5 for $3800. 158k on it when I bought it. Rusty body where the running boards touch the body but overall decent condition. At this time I was driving the BMW as my daily but found myself wanting to drive that damn 3rd gen all the time so decided I needed to find a nicer one for myself. Ended up finding the 2000 Limited with rear locker and 124K miles for $8000.

Wrenching on these trucks has been a dream compared to previous American made vehicles. Hell, most of the wrenching I am doing for fun not because something is broken. I'm currently waiting for the weather to get better to install a Dobinsons IMS lift, JBA Upper Control Arms, Whiteline lower control arm bushings, and new cv axles.
-Stock Beater
JustTroItIn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote