Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 11:48 AM

Ripper238 is just really nice Ripper238 is just really nice Ripper238 is just really nice Ripper238 is just really nice Ripper238 is just really nice

Ripper238 is just really nice Ripper238 is just really nice Ripper238 is just really nice Ripper238 is just really nice Ripper238 is just really nice
Its a 2019.

I became aware of the parasitic draw a few months after getting my AGM battery. I had been using it for a few months with no issue but when my commute went from 1hr to 10 min I noticed the battery level dropping overnight more than what I would think. Like 12.7 to 12.3 in 15hrs. That's when I added the voltage booster to help recharge the battery when driving, plus I trickle charge once a week to maintain the batteries capacity.

I did a test when initially turning off the 4R and got ~180mA draw, let it sit for an 1/2 hour with the doors locked and it dropped to 120mA. I also brought it to my car audio place (they did my remote start with app and maestro OBD) and they tested over 5 hours after removing all the aftermarket stuff and they confirmed the 180mA draw with or without it.

Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but if i let my 4R sit for 5 days the battery would be dead. Never had that with any other car, and i have an AGM battery.

Last edited by Ripper238; 03-25-2023 at 12:09 PM.
Ripper238 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote