View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 08:54 PM

Thepedigree13 is on a distinguished road

Thepedigree13 is on a distinguished road
Before you buy your lift there are alot of things to consider.

Intended use of the vehicle, added weight, condition of LBJ, cv boots, UCA, etc.

In my experience/opinion a good overall setup is a 2-2.5" suspension lift on 32" tires. In my case 265/75r16.

When I lifted my truck (approx 2.5") both cv axels tore boots, and my passenger side LBJ tore and lost its grease within a year. So be mindful of those components current condition. Maybe just reboot the CV axels prior to lift.

Most people don't have alot of problems in terms of cv angles and alignment when lifting less than 3 inches.

If you plan on adding a drawer system, bumpers, etc plan ahead for that too or you will be swapping coils often chasing a perfect height you had in your mind.

Dobinsons make a good kit for the 3rd gen, and Ironman seems to be similar.
Thepedigree13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote