Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 12:44 PM

PJSnow will become famous soon enough

PJSnow will become famous soon enough
8 Month Review

I have been running the Lasfit Pro bulb and fan kit in my 4runner for just shy of 8 months now and I have nothing bad to say about them. They are an upgrade over the factory halogens in every aspect. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who still has the stock bulbs. As per my usual, I will highlight a few key points in list form:

1. Reliability - As stated above, I have been running these for almost 8 months at this point and they haven’t let me down yet. I will definitely update this thread when/if the bulbs burn out or if I experience any issues. But they are LEDs and I don’t expect a dead bulb anytime soon.
2. Dust - Similar to my 4 month review, there has been no dust accumulation within the headlight housing (behind the dust cover fan). This was a big concern of mine and I’m happy to report that it seems to be a non issue. I don’t drive on dusty gravel roads on a daily basis but this review is for more typical driving conditions. I have been through several dusty conditions over the past 8 months and the dust cover seem to do their job.
3. Noise - I did read a post about noise with LED bulb fans. The Lasfit fans do make some noise but it is not noticeable while the engine is running. If you use the headlights while the vehicle is not running and in a quiet area (camping for example) you will probably hear the fans running but I can’t see it being that big of an issue (I’d be more concerned about killing the battery). The only time I notice the fan noise is when I come home late at night and the auto headlights continue to run for about a minute after I turn off the 4runner. This is also specific because I walk past the front, otherwise, I don’t think its noticeable from inside the vehicle.
4. LEDs in Halogen Projector - There have been a few scattered posts suggesting LED bulbs do not produce a proper beam pattern when installed in the 4runner halogen projector headlights. The major point they make is the LEDs “appear” brighter but they don’t have the same long distance performance as the halogens. I feel this is a counterintuitive argument. I understand science and testing is indisputable but personal experience can tell a different story. For example, you can buy the fastest car on paper with the most horsepower and highest specs, but a BRZ/GT86 can be just as fun. I find the Lasfit LEDs to produce more usable light in my experience and use case. If you are solely looking for specs, these might not be the option for you. But if you want better lighting compared to the factory halogens, I would highly recommend these.

Overall, I am very happy with the Lasfit pro headlight kit and I would not hesitate to get them again. They may not be for everyone but I think a lot of people can benefit from them over the stock halogens.
PJSnow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote