Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 01:50 AM

chapolito will become famous soon enough chapolito will become famous soon enough

chapolito will become famous soon enough chapolito will become famous soon enough
Ever since I saw someone put BMW seats in their 4Runner I've been keeping an eye on Marketplace and checking out the 3 series at pick n pull. Finally, a clean pair of e92 sport seats popped up in the bay area and I was able to nab for $300.

So while I wait for the last suspension parts to arrive, I got the drivers seat installed. The seats did not come with the connectors, ran to pick n pull to grab these:

These wiring diagrams (Thanks to folks on the Bimmer forums) have been posted here before, but I'll do it again because I think I've only seen one posted, but the driver and passenger have different wires. The colors were correct for me.

Driver:

Passenger:

I am very relieved I didn't set off the airbag. I'm still waiting on the adjustable pulse generator to arrive, so the seat functions only work for a minute after turning the key to ACC, but they all work except the heated seats. Will try to get to that before next winter.

Installing the seat was straightforward as I was following charted territory. Drilling out the feet from my old old drivers seat was a pain.

Going to really need that 4-way lumbar support...my back is wrecked after lifting the seat in and out all weekend. It must weigh twice as much as a stock seat.

Bolted up 3 feet with some grade 8 bolts, and welded on the last one. Welding project #2 went miles smoother than the floorpan fix. I tested out a new paint—VHT Roll Bar and Chassis, which I'm planning coating the LCA I'm cleaning up right now. Went on pretty nice and felt strong after only 30 minutes. Might use this on all parts for durability.

Took it for a first test drive and really liked how it felt. Going over speed bumps and ditches was much smoother/comfortable and the bolsters really helped to keep me locked in to the seat. Downside is that I'm sitting a little higher—depressing the clutch feels odd...perhaps I'll get used to it. Overall I'm really excited about this install!

Last edited by chapolito; 04-05-2023 at 12:20 AM.
chapolito is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote