Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 05:40 PM

chapolito will become famous soon enough chapolito will become famous soon enough

chapolito will become famous soon enough chapolito will become famous soon enough
A couple weeks ago I found some nice LCAs at pick n pull. Both looked like they had an oil leak drenching them for years, but that made them come out fairly easy.

Gave them a clean. Am planning on reusing the cam bolts. We'll see how removing mine goes, probably will need the reciprocating saw.

Next, I popped the bushings out with the bottle jack + torch method (thanks Tim & Sean for the videos!)

Then I got to wire wheeling and brushing. After I knocked off all the surface rust I could, I put Rustoleum rust dissolver gel to make sure I got all the rust:

I painted them using VHT Roll Bar and Chassis.

I was happy with how they looked, but more importantly, the durability. Only a couple tiny chips came off wile pressing in the new whiteline bushings. Before putting those in, I went heavy on the anti-seize:

Was able to press them on a little woodworking vise:

For added rust protection, I went over the paint with cosmoline, which required taping the bushings:

All done! I considered also upgrading the bumpstops, but that should be easy enough to do while installed in the future.

Another suspension piece ready to swap. Just waiting on the LC shock washers to arrive then it all goes in.
chapolito is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote