Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 12:21 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo393 View Post
Got my 1997 4Runner's 3.4L V6 apart to replace both head gaskets, as (at least) one blew suddenly in March on the way to work, and 45 seconds later, the temp gauge pegged and engine quit. I thought my rig was on fire there was so much smoke, but thankfully discovered that it was only coming out of the exhaust (*WHEW!*)

Both heads are off, and I'm about to take them to a machine shop.

Did some research here and on another Toyota website on gaskets, and folks seem down on Felpro (Why?). Which engine rebuild gasket set is consensus here?

Toyota's website has an overhaul gasket set for $468.84, and YotaShop.com has one for $224.99. I have no idea who manufactures that set.

Thoughts? Recommendations, please?

Thanks!
If this is the set you are mentioning, that's the one to get: Gasket Kit- Toyota V6 5VZ-FE 3.4L 4Runner, T100 & Tacoma OEM Cylinder Head Gasket Replacement Kit - KIT-1020. It is OEM because I read the description.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote