Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 08:33 PM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog_runner View Post
Update: still troubleshooting. I've replaced the throttle body (for new throttle position sensor) as well as MAF, still same symptoms. Turns over just won't start. It has been 1 week and though it is winter we have had a few days hit highs of mid 50's and sunny. So I think there would have been ample time to dry out any connectors that may have gotten soaked. I now think I have fried my ECU. I have a new ECU on order thru ebay but I want to try to track down where the short was created before installing the new ECU and potentially frying it all over again.

FYI for future reference: just stay away from water hose in the engine bay. I know some of you are rolling your eyes, I get it. I was just trying to take care of my stuff so don't bust my balls. I did some searching here about others using pressure washers with no issue, so I thought I'd be safe. I did a procedure similar to ChrisFix on youtube. I have done that procedure twice between my old 2012 FJ Cruiser and my wife's car. During my research here, I've learned about how sensitive these 4th gens are to water. Too many threads from creek crossers frying ECU's.

I'll keep this thread updated as I go. But I sure would take any input from anyone who has had or heard of similar situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThunderRunner View Post
Did you ever figure this out? I've been fighting 0121 and 0123 codes for like three years now.. Dealership hasn't even been able to figure it out.
Just an FYI, the OP has been on the forum recently, BUT you need to get their attention if you want them to see your post/question and have them possibly reply to you, you need to do at least one of two things, quote them and or "mention" them either will then send them a notification and get their attention, this is how you mention them @Hog_runner for the OP and @TheThunderRunner , it's important when mentioning someone that you get their username exact and make sure there's no text or punctuation touching the "mention", so do the @ symbol and then the exact username with no space, and make sure you have a space/s before and after the mention to separate it from the rest of your post.

By my quoting and mentioning both of you, you both will get 2 notifications directing y'all to my post/reply.

Last edited by AuSeeker; 06-09-2023 at 08:37 PM.
AuSeeker is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote