Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 05:38 PM

johnnygraphic has a spectacular aura about johnnygraphic has a spectacular aura about johnnygraphic has a spectacular aura about

johnnygraphic has a spectacular aura about johnnygraphic has a spectacular aura about johnnygraphic has a spectacular aura about
All things Overlanding thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUXX3SS View Post
Overlanding is something I'd like to do more of. I've currently invested in a few items to help me keep going in more remote areas and trying to get setup to be able to work off grid as well.

Recently purchased a cheap refrigerator (alpicool 55qt), battery bank with solar, and I'm testing out a mobile router from Cradlepoint, the R1900, to see if it's sufficient data to keep me working in certain remote destinations. Though I may need to look at satellite.

Also purchased a cheap roof rack to help me lug some of this stuff, as I'm running out of room in the 4 runner.

Next steps is to build a drawer system in the back of the 4runner and long term goals is to have a trailer.

Do many of you overland on your own? I've always been cautious when going out in the bush to always bring 2 vehicles in case something happens to one. But then you're limited to other peoples schedules and I find I don't get out as often as I'd like.

Depending on how extreme your definition of over landing is (as opposed to wheelin’), you can go very mild on the build. It’s kind of a rule to never go out on your own, but I know many do. I probably wouldn’t, but my situation is different than many.

Oh and that fridge will be worth it’s weight in gold. I wish I had invested in one when I had the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnnygraphic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote