Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 AM

scotts97T4Rltd is an unknown quantity at this point

scotts97T4Rltd is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by CSL
Hey man...I've been trying to come up with new ideas lately...

But now you have to share:

I am a windows down in the summer kind of guy, and it helps that I live in Colorado. I NEVER use my AC. Does removing the compressor put less strain on the engine, thus better performance? What are the benefits other than just something to do?

Can you provide any technical information about this mod, or links to information? Sorry to stray from your thread, but I imagine this would be a under $100 mod...just not new to you.
Removing the A/C compressor is not going to do ANYTHING for you. When the A/C isnt on, the compressor basically functions as an idler pulley, since the clutch is dis engaged. Have you thought about how you are gonna keep the fog off of your windshield in the wintertime, or when it is raining? the window defrost uses a combination of A/C, and heat to remove the humidity(or condensation) on your windshield. At best, you will save some weight..maybe 20lbs. As i have said many times, if you bought your runner to race redlight to redlight, you bought the wrong vehicle.
1996 Toyota 4runner limited, auto, rear factory locker, some sort of lift, 285/75/16 BFG A/T tires, stock 02 sport wheels, sport hood. Airbox mod. **just installed** first generation TRD supercharger, DUAL XDVD8285 head unit.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/PIC-0062.jpg
scotts97T4Rltd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote