Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 06:13 PM

poisedforflight is on a distinguished road

poisedforflight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross20 View Post
Okay yeah that sounds good.

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a general update for everybody. So I did meet up with Jordon and I can confirm that the dobbinson setup he and Leon are running is fantastic! We bombed over some speed tables and hit a good dip on a short "trail". His shocks just soak it up.

Yeah so here pretty soon I'm going to order a pair
I'd be interested in hearing more about what all parts make up the setup. When I bought my 98 it came with what I am told are Tundra springs up front and OME 906s in the back with Bilstein 5100 shocks and it's WAY too stiff. I'd like to keep the lift but I need a setup that is much, much easier on my back. 90% of my driving is on the street and even small pot holes and speed bumps can be jarring. I've seriously contemplated going back to factory springs but I don't think I could keep the 265s on there if I did.

I don't know enough about suspensions to know if the problem I'm having is the coils, the shocks, or both.

Last edited by poisedforflight; 06-24-2023 at 06:31 PM.
poisedforflight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote