Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 05:20 PM

ibob4tacoz is on a distinguished road

ibob4tacoz is on a distinguished road
ibob's '99 SR5 "Overland-Lite" Build Thread

Howdy y'all, just thought I'd put together a build thread for my new-to-me '99 4R SR5 5spd 4WD w/ e-locker. I got it a couple of weeks ago during a little road trip to Colorado and drove it back down to LA. This is my first 4Runner and I'm coming from a '90 BMW 535i, so I thought I'd hop on here and hopefully gather the connections and resources to know what the f- I'm doing with these things.

I don't have anything terribly crazy planned for this thing, just want to use it as a road trip/camping vehicle, hence the "overland-lite" title.

Some plans:
- Get the car to a "comfy" level of maintenance
- Camper Platform
- Tundra Brakes
- Small solar setup
- Possibly <2" lift
- Some armor (front skid plate, maybe some rock sliders)

So far, it seems the previous owners kept this thing stock and did most, if not all, of the maint. work at shops. The wheels and bumpers were powdered/painted black at some point, and there is an unbranded light bar on the front. Aside from that and some beefier tires (General Grabber A/T 265/75/16, I believe), it's a blank canvas. I hope some of you join in on my journey and maybe give me some help too, haha. Thanks!

Photos:

Last edited by ibob4tacoz; 08-17-2023 at 05:32 PM.
ibob4tacoz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote