Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 08:46 AM

JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light

JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light
2007 Honda Accord 3.0L V6

As off topic as it gets...

A 2007 Honda Accord with the 3.0L V6 engine might be my new responsibility soon. Not getting rid of my 4Runner, just acquiring another whip. It's a 2-owner vehicle and has been with my family the majority of it's lifetime. It's been well maintained and never abused. It's an automatic, 4-door with 132,289 miles (as of 8/24/23) that's overall mechanically sound. It's having some work done before being passed on to me, to include having the radiator and one of the tensioners replaced. After that, it should be ready for daily driving.

The idea in my head is to create a laundry list of items that I'd like to complete. This, of course, will give me a new hobby but will be costly. Although, I think that has paid off with my 4Runner seeing as it's currently at 330K miles and I daily drive the thing still. I must be doing something right. So, for anyone out there who's a Honda fanatic, fanboi or knowledgeable owner, please let me know some important things on this particular model that I should be taking care of or things I should be looking out for. I wanna learn the ins and outs of this thing like I have with my 4Runner.

I'll create a little to-do list of things I personally want to complete upon receiving it. In no particular order:

- Oil change, going to be using full synthetic, possibly a high mileage one but not 100% sure. Will have to go over maintenance records and visually inspect the engine bay to make my decision (Running SuperTech Full Synthetic 5W-20)
- All other fluid changes, especially brake fluid flush and ATF (Done)
- Spark plugs (Done)
- Windshield wipers
- Air filter replacement (Done previously)
- Convert interior lighting to LEDs (Done)
- New headlights just to freshen things up. Sylvania Silverstar Ultras (Done, but w/ LEDS)
- Window tint is a must I think, not a priority but I do want to have nice tint on this thing. Never had it on the 4Runner
- o2 sensors (All good)
- PCV valve (Done)
- Address any CELs that it might have, although there may not be any (P0443, P0497, *purge valve* DONE)
- Take care of any worn out suspension items (All good)
- Inspect hoses for cracks (Nothing of note)
- Blackstone oil analysis
- Bug deflector (AVS p/n 20317)
- WeatherTech floor mats
- Strong Arm 4157 Hood Lift Supports (Done)

There has to be a whole bunch more that I can do to this thing. These are just some of the few that immediately popped into my head. Let me hear your thoughts!

Last edited by JoeT4R; 06-08-2024 at 09:38 PM.
JoeT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote