Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 09:10 AM

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerAquasport View Post
37s should be interesting.
I read somewhere on greasing the drive shaft, that if you see it expand and slide out a tiny bit, that should be good.
Don't know how accurate that is though....
it's 50/50 on that process.. some say if you see it expand you're good, others say if you see it expand you're way past where you need to be in volume since that technically means it can't compress anymore from that point. I will say that trying to compress it by hand with some grease in it is damn near impossible once you hit the grease point. It's smooth sailing until you hit the packed grease, and then it feels like you're hitting a solid stop.

Anyhow, so far so good on the clunk from it as of this morning, but thats only 16 miles. I"ll see how it does throughout the week.

37's have always been an end goal of mine.. purely aesthetically purposed.. I've given up on the idea of doing hard core wheeling in this setup so the non-optimal travel from 37's won't be much of a detriment. But realistically speaking.. this is probably far, far away.. I won't have the time I'd need to invest to do everything, especially now that it's mostly decently running lol.

And then there's the 2024 Landcruiser that just got announced.... daddy likely! so I may not even have funds to keep dropping into this build for a long long while. Time will tell