Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 08:18 AM

VertigoPerformance is on a distinguished road

VertigoPerformance is on a distinguished road
I have roughly 3-1/2 to 4 inch lift in the front of my 03 forerunner V8 AWD (2 inch lift in the rear and levelled in the front) I installed it about 8 years ago.
About seven years ago I had all the bushings replaced in the front end and Camburg upper arms installed.

I had a clunk in my front end a few years ago and it turned out it was the swaybar bushings. Replaced and problem solved.
Two years ago there was a nasty Creek in the front end turned out to be an upper ball joint.
Now I have a clunk popping sound in the front end when turning left out of my driveway when the right front wheel goes up as the road slopes.
I replaced front swaybar bushings, swaybar links, I’ve greased and tightened everything in the front end.
It only happens when the trucks been sitting overnight and when I turn left and the front wheel has to go up on a slight bit of a transition and then for the most part it doesn’t do it through all my travels, except for when the truck has been sitting usually overnight.

It doesn’t do it going through potholes, driving on gravel roads or going over speed bumps. Just turning left if the front wheel goes on any kind of grade at all, even the smallest one which the roadway in front of our place is.

If I work on the front end requiring me to take the wheels off and the suspension hangs it won’t make the noise again for a couple of days allowing me to believe I fixed the problem and then bam it’s right back again����

It’s very possible it’s a lower ball joints. It’s the last thing it could be. I just don’t want to spend the money on parts and the time to replace them if there is another solution.

Last edited by VertigoPerformance; 09-15-2023 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Grammar
VertigoPerformance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote