Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 09:16 PM

dandelionlightning is on a distinguished road

dandelionlightning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Craig View Post
I would argue it may depend on your use case and projected annualized mileage. 4Runners are typically 250K+ mileage service life vehicles assuming they don't get done in by aging or issues related to poor maintenance, accidents, etc. That means the '16 with 133k miles may have already used up about half of it's usable life.

If you only plan on driving 10K miles a year, you could probably get 5 to 10 good years out of the 2016 I'd think. If your use case is higher though (say more like 15 to 20K miles a year), the low mileage vehicle may be the better buy despite the higher price. The only thing that would worry me about a 9 year old vehicle with only 6800 miles is that I'd wonder if it was really serviced at all (considering the first oil change isn't even called for until 10K). I'd probably want to flush literally every fluid in it upon receipt.

Agreed. And honestly I don’t drive a ton of miles probably 10-12k is all.

I actually asked them to consider flushing the fluids since it has most likely been sitting, technically it still needs to go through inspection so I don’t have a lot of detail on it. Which is off because I don’t know how they come up with a price and list it without inspection it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dandelionlightning is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote