Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 10:08 AM

werminghausen is on a distinguished road

werminghausen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthrealm View Post
why do you think the brake assy/pump is still bad?..i though you have seen the culprit?--being the leaking brake lines?

2ndly, yes, i have changed only the pump assy in-siyu without removing the whole assembly, its difficult, not impossible
Thanks earthrealm,

Some weeks before this incident happened (massive fluid leak) I noticed that the brakes are a bit wierd. Brake power was not as before and I heard the motor of the booster more often. But there was no dash light at all, meaning there was no fluid loss.
I was suspicious that probably one of the front brake calipers seized (I had this before). However I rebuild all calipers only 2 years ago. I had to replace one of them because the piston was seized so badly.

Then the story with the sudden brake fluid leak started.

After I fixed the rear brake line I am assuming I have no more leak.
And I could simply bleed the brakes and see if everything is working.
However the hydroboost unit is most possibly original and after 210K it is probably time to replace that motor and accumulator while I am there?

Martin
werminghausen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote