Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 05:04 PM

wegotarnr is on a distinguished road

wegotarnr is on a distinguished road
I have a 2016 4unner. It is currently on a dual battery system that is not permanent. We have it connected to a 200w solar charger with a 25amp DCDC controller. For our vehicles, an inverter would not always be needed vs RVS. We have other 12v sources we can run to save power. I was running an inverter with my 200AH LITHIUM battery and rarely used it and if you run an inverter on an AGM battery you can only take 50% before you damage your battery vs lithium. All of my connectors are VIA Anderson connector due to the reliability and that cig sockets are limited in the amount of power it can push. I know diving into power on your rig can be intimidating but it is awesome once dialed in. With our set up and fridge, our battery can last up to 5-6 days on solar without tampering with the starting battery (Low voltage disconnect needed). I use to run the kickass system but have then found a better set up with redarc, if you want to see some pics of set up here: https://www.instagram.com/adam.built/
wegotarnr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote