Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2023, 05:33 AM

2008UrbanRunnerATL is on a distinguished road

2008UrbanRunnerATL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMZ View Post
Very little info on this issue. All was fine last night. When I started my 4R this morning I got the lit up dash. Thought it might be a gas cap so I retightened and went to work. On the way I had sluggish performance and it would not shift to 5th. Got off work and got the code read and came up P0330 knock sensor 2 high value. ECM went max retard on timing and wouldn't go into 5th as a safe measure.

Doing a little research the sensors rarely go bad, but rodents eating the wires is the main culprit. Off to HD I go to get the Milwaukee inspection camera I always wanted and sure enough the wires are cut. I usually garage my 4R but came home late and left it outside, temps dropped lower than usual and I guess they couldn't resist. Im lucky that they didnt chew the wires right off the connector, it should be easy to solder in some new wire. There is no sub harness for the knock sensors and I assume the dealer would want to replace the whole engine harness at $2478 so Ill be tackling this repair myself this weekend.

Pics to follow. Anyone know what specific type of wire it is? Shielded double coil is about the most info I could find.

ETA: Looks like I might have enough wire to just re-solder.
Hi @GMZ. This post is incredibly helpful. May I ask what was your point of entry when you used the endoscope to find the damage?
2008UrbanRunnerATL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote