Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2023, 09:05 PM

Mr. Goodkat is on a distinguished road

Mr. Goodkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19963.4lsr5 View Post
If you have grease globs on things like picture 2 it’s the axle seal. The grease is being washed out by the gear oil.

But like you said grease has a distinct smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There looks to be brake shoe fibers mixed in with the fluid making a type of gunk. I was thinking friction and wear was creating what looks grease globs. What gets me is, if it is gear oil, wouldn't it be leaking out the bottom of the dust seal, down the backing part and onto the drum? Only the top of the seal has build up of fibers and some oil so I was thinking whatever it is, is coming from the top down.

When my axle was leaking back in 2019 I could basically smell it before I even took the drum off. I had my nose right up to it and could barely smell it.

2001 Camry LE V6 113,000 antique sage metallic, runs like new
Mr. Goodkat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote