Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 09:33 AM

werminghausen is on a distinguished road

werminghausen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthrealm View Post
yeah, the motor is in great shape, you can sell it for a couple of bucks on ebay. wish i could get my hands on the motor, my 2nd replacement unit is failing again and its either the motor or piston assy

the 2nd likely culprit is the oring on the piston assy. its a 60 dollar part.

the accumulator rarely goes bad, its just a metal cylinder and an o ring on top. its easy to see/know if the accumulator is leaking, as slight fluid would be seen leaking from the top/connection

anyway great news your brakes are working ok now

Hi earthrealm,

Piston assembly.... you mean the accumulator? Is this a piston accumulator then?
[The accumulator is mounted onto the pump and the pump is holding the motor and the accumulator. ]

The o-ring potentially going bad is the one between pump and accumulator?

I don't see a shrader valve for filling the accumulator with nitrogen...meaning the accumulator is not to be refilled with nitrogen.
if the charge is gone.... it is not reusable.

What is the shut off pressure (pump shut off) of the brake fluid under pressure (accumulator filled) if charged?

Martin
werminghausen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote