Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 10:50 AM

Mendoncyclesmith is on a distinguished road

Mendoncyclesmith is on a distinguished road
Okay, sorry everyone, yesterday was mid "WTF" time, I've now spent a few more hours, and come to a better understanding. I'm not ignoring the helpful responses above, just jumping ahead to my final answer, that I'd appreciate any thoughts y'all might have.

Gave up on white letter.

Seems 17" wheels really limits choices, why Toyota uses it as a stock size then, no clue.

Any rate, what I wanted, and mentioned a bit earlier in this thread, was taller and skinnier.

In 17's there's literally one tire that achieves this, and that's this fella:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

The video below goes into more detail than I'll bore you with, but this guy has similar lift to me, his is 3" suspension to my 2", and mine is actually a tad taller overall with spacer blocks.

35" Pizza Cutters on My FJ Cruiser - New Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT 255/85R17 Tires - YouTube

And below is a screenshot of the size comparison, current tire on the vehicle, to the Mickey Thomson.

The video also shows where he got rubbing on the inside rear of the wheel well, so I now have a visual understanding of where, which helps me picture how I'd resolve the rub, but I think this tire, will actually pull farther away, there, and the height, am I crazy? I don't think the height will impact me at all.

Am I on the right track? At this stage, I'm happy to deal with whatever the results are, but I think I can run this with no wheel spacers at all.
Attached Images
Trying to sort out wheel offset versus wheel spacer blocks-screen-shot-2023-11-07-9-52-14-am-jpg 
Mendoncyclesmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote