Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 03:47 PM

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm-v35 View Post
Yea I currently have 285/70 KO2's(with matching spare) so it would be no change really. it also seems like E load wildpeaks are listed as lighter weight than the C loads. I would like to stay with E rated tires anyway for hunting season as I am usually 70-90 miles away from civilization and it gets pretty rough.

I also have the Hypertech speedometer correction unit sitting in the closet as I was planning to possibly move up in size one day and use it.

Yea I am sort of debating if there is any real difference between 255 and 285, and on the extreme end if it would be worth fitting 35x12.5's or something similar like maybe even Maxxis AT's in 35x11.5

I rarely drive the 4runner these days and pretty much only use it for hauling things, bad snow, camping,fishing and hunting. It still sees 5k miles per year but that is all adventuring miles.

I have two Limiteds. My fun one is like yours and I just drive it on offroad or adventure stuff, camping, hunting. Biggest issue i have is that say I want to go camping up north where its all mud and logging roads, great place for the ST Pro. But the problem is you still have to get to the offroad area, which for me means sometimes 6-8 hours of highway to get up north. I hate the STs with their weight and tread in the rain or even on dry pavement above say 40mph. They feel worse than driving on ice on the highway at say 60mph or alittle less. Where as if I run my K02s they are fine on the highway, good on gravel and ok on light dirt. Yeah ill get stuck in mud and stuff.. but really whats the other option, take a second set of tires and change them when you get to the trail? Some may do it, but I dont like having that much unsecured stuff in the back as well as when I travel the back is full of packs and gear anyways.

For you guys running the heavy E rated MT tires do you guys actually like them on the road?