Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 02:31 PM

Mendoncyclesmith is on a distinguished road

Mendoncyclesmith is on a distinguished road
96RedRunner, thanks, I did cruise that, the issue I run into is I'm too short on time to learn the entire language associated with the stuff I'm doing. The amount of terminological research I'd need to make sense of 2/3 of the info found within, just isn't in my time constraints.

Apologies for how I am and how I work, but I AM learning, and this crap is way more complex that bolt and go. So grant me that much, at least.

Phatty, perfect, thanks for that. Interesting, since installed, both CV joints blew out (new axles, both sides now), and I just had my LBJ's replaced as a matter of course due to what folks have said on here, earlier this Summer. I've discussed it here, but thunking in my front end appears to be LCA bushings, scheduled to do them, come Spring. Truck has 140K on it, so none of this is off putting, I figure it's time.

I don't do crazy off road, high articulation, high speed aggressive racing (or any racing). Forest roads and access points to hiking and biking are about it. I didn't even want the added spacer lift, just wanted to level out the front end, but the spacer used was too tall, so I had to bump the back so I wasn't doing the Carolina Squat. Since I'm not doing "real" over landing, spending $1000's to address a cosmetic concern seemed silly. Sigh....

No more mods planned height wise, and I barely drive it an oil change a year as it sits all winter.

Ordered the Mickey Thomsons. I'll deal with whatever they create, and hopefully post a quick pic and report before she goes in for her winters nap....

Again, all, thanks for the patient input.
Mendoncyclesmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote