Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 03:41 AM

gh25_ will become famous soon enough

gh25_ will become famous soon enough
E-locker!

Now, this is something that I searched long and hard, high and low for. It took me a while where at first I tried to find one at a junkyard but after talking to a guy there I realized I wasted like 3 months of my time trying to find one at my local junkyards. All of my local junkyards are LKQ pick-a-part and the guy I was talking with he also has a 3rd gen 4Runner he said that it's basically rigged and you'll never get that stuff there. He said that the workers at the junkyard know that certain peices like e-lockers or the 4runner sport hoods are very valuable pieces and they take it off the truck before it even hits the junkyard. . Lame! But I guess that's how it goes. Oh well. Pretty much since march I was looking for a e-locker rear end but to no avail. the day before I finished the spoiler was when I did it. There was a guy on offerup parting out a 1998 4Runner and it was a 4x4 with an e-locker. I ended up getting everything for 800 bucks, axle housing with the elocker 3rd member the switch and all the wiring & plugs I needed and 4wd control box. So, what's the catch? I had to go take it all off myself hahaha. The guy was over close to fontana. Turns out it was his buddies truck it got in a roll over accident off roading and I assume it got totaled. So he bought it off his buddy and put it up for parts. So that day me and my buddy I enlisted went out to some guy's house and ripped off a e-locker rear end and brought it home. I haven't actually done anything with it yet but if it wasn't obvious by now I want to do the e-locker rear swap on my truck. Ever since I learned that a lot the 1st gen prerunner tacomas came with the same RR diff lock as some 4x4 4runner I wanted to find one to put in mine. Pre4Runner!

Last edited by gh25_; 11-10-2023 at 03:50 AM.
gh25_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote