Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2023, 07:54 AM

dclark2171 is on a distinguished road

dclark2171 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Leader View Post
the non auto running boards have 6 bolts per side (I think they are m8). they are very easy to install and mount into the rocker panel, not the frame. you just need to order the style you like and the hardware. can be done solo in about 30 minutes

what I don't know is if the auto running boards have different rocker panel mounting set up. I would assume they bolt in exactly where the non auto boards would be. crawl under your truck and have a look to see how they mount up. then youtube any 4runner running board install video and see if the bolts line up. if they line up it will be straight swap, aside from removing all the electronic components with the auto boards
Thanks I'll have a look. I've read the Limited rocker and body panel sit too low for full-time running boards. However, as long as the new boards do not sit lower than the auto, I see no problem. I've had one side or two "stuck out" for months before and no issues
dclark2171 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote