Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-21-2023, 11:48 AM

thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about

thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotorunner View Post
OP here,

Picked up an OR Premium today. No KDSS. It was very windy and cold and the heated seats are nice. That heated steering wheel switch is a bit awkward though.

I know T4R are classified as gutless but compared to my 2000 gen 3 it's got enough extra that I'll need to watch out or I'll add a ticket to the expense list.

It's white, Toyota must have bought white paint by the ship load because there's a lot of them around. But that will work for me, stays cooler in the summer. I'm sure I'll have additional questions in the future.

Thanks to everyone for your input, it made a difference in my decision.
I felt the same way this spring when I went from my 1999 third gen to my 2023. Yes, the 4.0L V6 with the 5-speed is very dated, but compared to the 3.4L V6 with the 4-speed, it's got pep. It only really struggles if you're trying to go 75mph up a 6% grade, and I think that's mainly due to the gearing limitations. When 4th gear isn't enough, 3rd gear is a dramatic downshift at speed.

Enjoy your truck!